Milton Keynes, situated in the county of Buckinghamshire is the perfect place to stay for the 2012 Olympic Games. Booking into accommodation Milton Keynes during this special event will offer you two great opportunities. The first is that you will be within easy reach to the main Games venues. The second is that you will have the option of escaping from Olympic buzz and do something a bit different. Buckinghamshire is a compact county with excellent transport links. It is where you will find a wide range of exciting attractions and is ideal for exploring historic English villages, going for walks across glorious landscapes and sampling traditional foods at a choice of the many country pubs.
Attractions from your Milton Keynes Apartment:
Here is a list of just some of the many attractions you can select to visit during your stay. Should you choose to stay in one of our serviced Milton Keynes apartments, our staff will be able to assist with leaflets and information about all there is to see and do including travel details.
- Go Ape Tree Top Adventure at Wendover Woods for those who want a great view across the Chilterns while swinging from ropes,
- The magnificent Waddesdon Manor, which was built during the 19th century for Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild to display his collection of art treasures. The grounds offer a wonderful place to walk with stunning views across the surrounding country-side. There are places to eat and an adventure play ground for children to run around and ‘let off steam’,
- Buckinghamshire is home to the most National Trust Properties in the country offering a wealth of heritage treasures to explore from the stately homes of Claydon and Hughenden, the outstanding gardens at Stowe to the historic architecture of the Long Crendon Courthouse,
- Spend an evening at the MK:Theatre offering an array of comedy, drama and music productions,
- Ski, rock-climb or sky-dive at the Xscape building in Milton Keynes,
- Take the kids for a unique day out to the Chiltern Open Air Museum, Bekonscot Model Village and Railway or Lacey Green Maize Maze plus there are plenty of museums to visit.
The county is the birthplace of disability sport and the Paralympic Games at Stoke Mandeville and the Eton College Rowing Centre at Dorney Lake has been selected as a host venue.
These are just some of many reasons to plan a stay in Milton Keynes particularly during the Olympic Games. If you are looking to make a booking or for more information about our Milton Keynes apartments, contact a Cotels representative or visit our website.