Milton Keynes has a population of 218,000 and over 130,000 working in this prosperous new city. The superb working and living environments have all contributed to its success. As a result new business are starting-up, existing ones expanding or business relocating to the city. The latter has resulted in professional relocating to the area. bringing-in employees from
Relocating to a new area marks a new chapter in your life. But, although exciting, it is not without its challenges. The first being having to search for ‘the perfect’ home in a place you’re not familiar with. Moving into temporary accommodation such as a serviced apartment in Milton Keynes will help to take some of the pressure off house-hunting giving you more time to find what suits you and your family the most.
Tips to Relocating to Milton Keynes:
- Make a list of all the you will require during and post your move such as dentist, doctor, schools, estate agent, solicitors, sports facilities and other local amenities. This will guide you in your research of potential areas you may wish to relocate to.
- Use the Internet to research within a set radius of where you will be working (it is useful to note that travelling around Milton Keynes is a lot less congested during peak hours versus other cities in the UK with a duel carriage way system on all major routes).
- Once you have short listed a few areas, there is a website you can use that will give detailed information about your initial choices. You will need to enter a postcode into www.homecheck.co.uk to get an instant report of your prospective neighbourhood. The risk of flooding, subsidence, landslips, radon gas leaks, the local air quality and pollution, are all available in an easy-to-understand format. The information comes from various sources including the British Geological Society and the Environment Agency. The site also has details of schools, property prices, crime rates and local amenities.
- The website Up My Street at www.upmystreet.com provides information about local council services, local schools, crime statistics and local leisure information as well as local house prices based on recent sales.
- As part of your initial or post-relocation online research, another useful site is www.primelocation.com where you can search for your nearest garden-centre, hairdresser, tennis club etc.
- To find out which are the best schools in the area, go to www.dfes.gov.uk. The results and overall performance of both primary and secondary schools are listed here.
Are you relocating to Milton Keynes and have decide that temporary accommodation is the best initial step before buying property? Then contact a Cotels representative for full details on our fully furnished and equipped apartments Milton Keynes. We even have virtual tours of our penthouse, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments so that you can get a real feel for what we have to offer including our budget apartments located just outside of Central Milton Keynes.