Many people who have moved house will tell you that it was a very stressful experience. If you are relocating to an unknown destination, this can add to the concerns and stress levels. There is no hiding from the fact that packing-up all your worldly poccessions to move out of your current home requires a lot of effort, but being organised and ensuring you recruit a few pairs of helping hands can make the whole experience far less stressful.
If you relocating and don’t have a new fixed address to move to, there is an option available that could help to ‘fill the gap’ making your move comfortable. Serviced apartments in Northampton, Luton, Milton Keynes and many other big towns and cities across the UK provide furnished accommodation with all necessary appliances in the kitchen and a weekly maid service. They range in size from one to three bedrooms. These are ideal for individuals and families. There are no tenancy contracts so offering you greater flexibility when looking to find a new home to move into. Serviced apartments also eliminate the need to move all your furniture and belongings into temporary accommodation, only to have to move it all again a few months later when permanent accommodation has been secured.
The option of moving into a serviced apartment as a means of temporary accommodation does take away a lot of the stress of relocation.
Steps to reducing the stresses of relocating:
- Make a comprehensive list of all the tasks that need doing. Put the list in a prominent place – the outer fridge door is usually a good place. Add to the list as you think of things.
- Book a reputable removals company at least two months ahead of your move. Get at least three quotes including which day of the week is cheapest to ensure you will get the best value for your money.
- If you are moving into temporary accommodation you will need to research storage facilities preferably in the same vicinity you are planning to find permanent residency.
- Once a date is secured for the removal company to help with your move, go back to you ‘to-do’ list and put action in order of importance then methodically start working your way through the list.
- Declutter – go through all the storage units room by room and sell or give-away all the toys, books, furniture, clothing and decorative items you no longer need.
- Cancel all utility contracts effective from your date of move.
- On the last day in your home, take your final gas, electricity and water readings.
- Clearly mark all boxes that you or the removal company pack according to the room they belong to. This will make unpacking more methodical.
- Check your content insurance policy should anything happen during your move. You also need to let your insurance company know of your move and all other relevant details.
If you choose to use a serviced apartment as temporary accommodation during your relocation, all you will need to take with you are your clothing. Linen and towels are provided.
If you are relocating and are interested in finding out about Cotels apartments in Northampton, Luton and Milton Keynes for short to long-term stays, please contact us on 01908802853.