Businesses have various responsibilities when it comes to safe guarding their employees and customers. Whether corporate stays are booked into serviced apartments, Hotels, Guest Houses or a B&B – each has it’s own set of safety tips to assist in making sure a trip is both successful and stress-free. Here are a few tips on travel safety for the business travel community.
If you live alone, there are a few steps to take to safe guard your home while away:
- Switch on your alarm and show by way of displaying a sticker or signpost that your home is protected by a security device.
- Don’t cancel your milk or newspaper deliveries, instead ask your neighbour to take collection on the respective days so that it looks like their is the normal level of activity at your house.
- Make a copy of your passport, airline or rail travel tickets and another important documentation required on your travels. It is also worth taking photographs of any valuable jewellery you intend taking with you whether on person or in your hand luggage. Should anything get lost of stollen you have some prove of ownership to assist with insurance claims.
Safety tips while travelling to your destination:
- Safe guard personal information while working on your laptop or tablet at airport terminal or Hotel lobbies. Be cautious against hackers who set-up dummy wireless connection points that look like legitimate ones when you dial in. Use a genuine connection point made through a protected network. These are usually displayed using recognisable symbols.
- Keep all valuables in your hand luggage and keep it with you at all times.
If you have chosen to stay in a serviced apartment, there are a few safety tips to bear in mind to ensure a trouble-free stay:
- A useful item to pack when travelling is a torch should you need extra light at night to enter or exit your apartment or as a precautionary measure if there is a power failure.
- When you enter your apartment, place your key in a convenient place where you know you will find it in the unlikely event that you have to depart in an emergency.
- Keep the door to your apartment locked at all times.
- If you are staying on your own, only answer the door if you are expecting a visit from a colleague or someone you know. If you are ordering a take-away meal it is advisable to find a way of identifying the person when they come to the door – request the delivery person to call out your order number before you answer the door as confirmation (or put a copy of your order under the door before answering).
- Keep windows and sliding doors that open onto a balcony locked at night when sleeping.
- Keep the number of your serviced apartment provider on your phone in case of an emergency. They will also be able to assist with any concerns you may have or additional information you require to help make your stay as comfortable and as safe as possible.
These are just a few important tips to keep you safe on your business trips. For information about choosing to stay in a serviced apartment for a business trip, contact Cotels today who will happily help in your decision process.