Do you have a business trip scheduled in your diary? When looking for accommodation, do you automatically start searching for available hotel rooms? If you do, then why not change that automatic ‘default option’ and consider other alternatives which might even suit your needs better. Booking into a serviced apartment offers many great advantages over a hotel for business or leisure trips of a few nights or more.
Advantages of a serviced apartment stay:
- Rates per apartment versus per person – when booking into a hotel you pay per person sharing versus a nightly payment for an apartment regardless of the number of guests, whether it be two people sharing a one bedroom, four sharing a two bedroom apartment or even six sharing a three! The cheaper rates you benefit from when booking into a serviced apartment of a similar standard are because savings can be passed on to customers due to fewer staff members required to manage your booking and duration of your stay- there are no staff to provide room service for example. All apartments have fully equipped kitchens where food and beverages can be stored and prepared so don’t usually have a restaurant, a breakfast buffet or a public lounge area. This all cuts down on costs, which can be passed along to you in the form of a cheaper rate.
- Fully inclusive rates – usually there are no hidden extras when booking a serviced apartment, everything is included in one simple rate – so no hidden surprises when you check-out. The cost is agreed and paid prior to arrival, so you can rest assured knowing exactly what the costs are before you start and that you have got great value for money.
- Self-catering convenience – One of the best things about staying in serviced apartments is that they have kitchen facilities which gives you the flexibility to eat what you want, when you want – just as you would do if you were at home. Kitchen facilities mean you can cook whatever you feel like making and, if you choose to, you can also entertain guests. This means you can hold meetings with colleagues or clients in the living room of your apartment. You can also have your friends and family to visit. Many apartments have sofa beds, so it’s easy for a guest to stay the night.
- Privacy and spaciousness – The average one bedroom serviced apartment is around twice the size of the average hotel room, giving you the space to move about as you would do in your own home with separate areas for cooking, sleeping and unwinding. Serviced apartment choices range in size from studios and one bedroom apartments through to three bedroom apartments. It is difficult to get this sort of personal space in a hotel room, even when two rooms are joined together.
These are just a few of the advantages that staying in serviced apartments can offer over a hotel room. Cotels offers additional unique features when compared to other serviced apartments in Milton Keynes, Northampton and Luton. We provide a unique personalised service to all our customers as well as in-apartment advantages for added comfort during a stay with us.
Unique features of a Cotels Serviced Apartment stay
- Cotels have teamed up with SKY to offer a package specific for serviced apartments with Sky+ included.
- A complimentary welcome pack with a range of items including a few added extras you wouldn’t expect, such as fresh milk and cereal/porridge. At Cotels ‘we really do, give a duck’ so there’s even a rubber duck to keep you company at bath time or as a pressie for the kids when you get home, or a token of your stay with us.
- A personal ‘Meet and Greet’ service for our Northampton and Luton guests to ensure you are welcomed into your apartment with ease. Milton Keynes has a 24 hour reception desk offering flexibility for your arrival. Arrival 1am on a Sunday? No problem!
- Great customers service – from the booking process and for the duration of your stay, we pride ourselves with the quick and efficient service we offer. We are ward-winning, so must be good!
If you are planning a leisure or business trip, Cotels have serviced apartments in Milton Keynes, Northampton and in Luton. All are accessible via rail or road links with airports located close by too. Bookings can be quickly and simply made either by booking on-line here, calling 01908 802853 (direct line – no lengthy phone menus) or e-mail email@example.com