Mother’s Day is a day set aside to express love, respect and thanks to our Mother’s. Although the founder of this celebratory day didn’t intend for it to become commercial, it has very much become a day observed by giving gifts or going out for a meal to show love and appreciation. Common gifts include cards, flowers, meals in restaurants, jewellery, gift cards, clothing, trips to a spa, books, CDs and even housewares. It is reportedly the busiest day in restaurants – so if you haven’t already booked, you better consider an alternative plan!
The best gift – to spend quality time together
Most moms are extremely busy, so if you really want to surprise her this Mother’s Day, start off by serving Mom her favourite breakfast in bed, while she’s enjoying the luxurious morning, clean up the mess you made in the kitchen, then get ready for a day together.
We all get caught up in our own lives, so if you haven’t spent any quality time with your mother, make a point of doing so this Mother’s Day. Sitting down and enjoying each other’s company – laughing, reminiscing and building new memories – all a mom needs is to know she is still loved and thought about.
If you are looking for a last minute treat with the perfect surroundings to spend quality time together, we have an idea you may not yet have considered. A serviced apartment could just be the place to go to spend time together with minimal disruptions and an opportunity to use your culinary skills to prepare a delicious meal to enjoy together.
Ditch the flowers and chocolates and go for something a little different this Mother’s Day. Give her a place to relax and unwind while also enjoying the presence of your company.
What a serviced apartment will offer as a perfect Mother’s Day gift?
- Space and the familiar comforts of home – without the constant reminder of cleaning or DIY chores that need to be done
- A fully equipped kitchen with all you need to prepare a scrumptious meal – away from the hustle and bustle of a packed restaurant
- Open-plan kitchen and living area – so you need not be apart when preparing that special treat
- Stylishly furnished with floor to ceiling windows ushering in lots of light providing a comfortable, quiet place to curl-up with a good book
- If the weather is kind, there is a balcony to many serviced apartments so you can sit out and soak-up some sunshine while taking in views across the city
- Within easy access to a supermarket, or if really well organised you could shop online ahead of time for delivery on your arrival
City based locations with a host of entertainment and outdoor facilities on your doorstep should you wish to add in a shopping treat or a stroll through a park to take in the beauty of the Spring bulbs already in blossom
So what better gift to give your mum this Mother’s Day – a quiet place to relax and unwind while spending time catching-up without any interruptions.