Back to ‘Local attractions‘
Milton Keynes, in the county of Buckinghamshire has become one of the most exciting cities in the UK to visit. It is a vibrant city with activities to suit people of all ages and interests. Whether you are visiting for the day or are planning a short-term stay, there really is so much on offer there need never be a dull moment. Activities include park walks, shopping, Theatre, cinema, wide range of sporting activiities and numerous places to eat-out ranging from fine cuisine to pubs and family restaurants. To compliment the uniqueness of Milton Keynes, there are a number of choices of accommodation in Milton Keynes including bed and breakfast places, Hotels and serviced apartments. Each offers visitors different options. A relatively new comer to the choice of accommodation are serviced apartments, which offer a home-from-home type of stay. They are all fully furnished with fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes. Their spaciousness provides more independence and flexibility versus a Hotel or B&B.
For those who choose to eat-out there is a vast selection of restaurants to suit the widest range of tastes. They can can be found located in the Xscape building, Theatre District, Midsummer Boulevard (Milton Keynes Shopping Centre), The Hub as well as in the surrounding villages. The types of restaurants include:
- American Cuisine – If you’re thinking of visiting an American restaurant in Milton Keynes, why not try Frankie and Benny’s in Xscape Milton Keynes
- Chinese – The Taipan, situated in the Theatre District, is a Chinese restaurant renowned for its fresh food. Serving authentic Chinese food, such as noodles, ride, vegetables, soup, duck, seafood, prawn, beef, fish and chicken.
- Italian – the choice of restaurant is easy to come across. Zizzi is one of the most popular Italian restaurants in Milton Keynes, located in the Theatre District and at The Hub. It is a homely, friendly restaurant offering pizzas, pastas and various speciality dishes. There is also Carluccio’s in the centre:mk. This is an authentic Italian restaurant. The food is reasonably priced.
- International Cuisine – Red Hot World Buffet is an international restaurant located in the Theatre District. They offer over 120 different dishes of Indian, Italian, Chinese, Thai, Mexican and Japanese cuisine. The many international recipes means there’s something for everyone.
- Mexican – A popular choice is Chiquito. It is located in between the train station and the shopping centre and serves a selection of starters, wraps, burgers, tortilla sandwiches, salads, fajitas and steaks. There is also Chimichanga in Xscape, offering traditional Mexican food in an authentic environment.
- Tapas – La Tasca in Xscape, offers a real taste of Spain. This is a family-friendly restaurant. Another tapas restaurant and bar in the area is Ortega, situated in the Theatre District.
- Japanese – YO! Sushi serves over 80 Japanese dishes. YO! Sushi is situated in thecentre:mk. Wagamama is another Japanese restaurant, also located in thecentre:mk. Wagamama offer diners authentic Japanese cuisine in a modern environment, where customers sit together on benches and have their orders taken on an electronic device.
Xscape, the Theatre District and the centre:mk are all in the heart of Milton Keynes city centre. They are well known for the places to eat, drink and have fun. Xscape offers a fantastic and varied selection of restaurants, al fresco dining, and a vibrant party atmosphere. So, if this is all tempting enough to make a week-end of your visit to Milton Keynes, there are a number of one, two or three bedroom serviced apartments Milton Keynes for you to book-in to whether travelling alone or with a group of friends or family.
Contact us now to book your weekend getaway. These serviced Milton Keynes apartments are situated in the City Centre close enough to all the many activities, restaurants and entertainment facilities this vibrant City has to offer. Of course if you prefer to eat-in, our apartments allow you to prepare a full meal in the fully equipped kitchen, or there is the option of ordering a take-away meal from many of the restaurants in Milton Keynes.
Cotels can be contacted on 01908 226444
Speak with Suzanne or Marcia on the Reservations Desk