Tips To Make Business Travel Easier With Serviced Apartments Proving a Great Option
The prospect of travel whether for leisure or business can be quite daunting for some people. But, with careful planning the anxieties can be controlled and travel can become more of an adventure rather than a burden. To make your travel less stressful, it is always good to be reminded of the following tips to help get you out the door and on your way with ease:
- Know where you are travelling to and about the accommodation you have booked into. It may sound obvious, but knowing where you are going and staying will help make your travel easier. There is nothing more stressful than walking into an apartment, B&B or Hotel you have booked into only to find that it is run-down and completely inappropriate. Be sure that you research thoroughly and make a booking via a reputable website.
- Do your research prior to confirming travel arrangements. Whatever your reason for travel, it will save you a lot of time and missed opportunities if you research the area in which you will be staying. Learn a little bit about the local eateries and the places that can be of entertainment value. This is important because it will give you a goal and may even make a mundane business trip more exciting.
- Don’t leave everything to the ‘last minute’. Rushing is stressful and missing a departure time creates unnecessary anxiety. If you have a flight to catch, give yourself extra time to get to the airport particularly if you have to make your journey in peak hour traffic. If you are perpetually late, set your alarm clock ahead of time and set an appointment reminder that will assuredly get you where you need to be on time.
- Travel light. The fewer bags you have the less likely you are to misplace one.
- Book and confirm reservations ahead of time. Just as with arriving early for your departure, be sure that you book early as well. Look for deals on airfares when you know the trip is going to take place. Check bus schedules and other time sensitive aspects of your travels in advance.
- Plan for mishaps. If you are working, be sure that you pack all of your technologies and back up methods of communication if a charger or other important power source is lost. Simple disasters can be avoided with a little help and your sanity saved.
- And, finally always keep your travel documents in a safe place at home and while travelling.
Above all make sure you have booked a place to stay that meets your requirements. Serviced apartments can be the ideal solution and offer far more flexibility than a hotel room. Space is a luxury in most hotels and it comes with a bigger price. On average a serviced apartment offers anything up to four times the amount of space you’ll get in a hotel. With high quality furnishings and fully equipped kitchens, apartments offer a home from home accommodation and you pay per apartment as opposed to per person for hotel bookings. Flexibility is also a feature of this type of accommodation. You can cut costs further by cooking for yourself, although take-out is always an option. For business travellers looking to host meetings and/or meals, the cost of catering in your apartment is much cheaper and is also a far more pleasant experience.
Speak with Sonya or Marcia on the Reservations Desk